The truth is, if he loves you and he wants to be with you forever then you won’t have to force him into anything. Expressing your dissatisfaction should be enough. No you probably won’t get married tomorrow. But you will learn what’s next for your relationship. And what if he’s not willing to move forward? A guy friend of mine told me to be sure to mention that attempting to force a man into marriage may cause him to leave. But if he doesn’t want to be with you forever, isn’t that kind of the point? I’m just saying that if there’s no more room for growth in the relationship (whatever that may mean to you and your relationship) then maybe it’s time to move on… and meet the guy who does want to marry you.
1. He’s Not Around You And Makes No Effort To Be Around You
This is the single most important sign.
When a guy wants something – he’s going to go after it. He’s not going to sit back twiddling his thumbs.
So if he’s not spending time with you, hanging around, and making excuses to hang out with you… when is he going to have the opportunity to try to get closer to you?
The short answer is, he’s not, he doesn’t love you but pretending.
2. He makes you feel like you ’re not good enough
How do you feel when you’re around him? Do you feel secure, cherished, and valued? That’s a sign he loves you. It’s not love if he makes you feel humiliated, unhappy, depressed, or terrible about yourself.
3. You really wouldn’t make a good wife
Think about it. Would you marry you? You don’t cook. You don’t clean. And you love to spend money… HIS money! When and if a man begins to consider commitment, especially marriage, a responsible man will begin to examine his finances closely, because now he has to provide for two (or more).
4. You are already pretending to be his wife:
Well, you are. And if you really want to be his wife my only advice for you is to stop. NOW! Even if it’s only been a day you have already been pretending too long! You live together. You have a joint bank account (maybe). You have children. You share a car. You cook, clean and wash clothes. Sometimes people will even assume you are married. In essence, you are already performing wifely duties. You have taken on the duties of his wife without ever receiving the title, or the benefits. And he still tells people you’re his girlfriend. But when you want to discuss it he’s confused. And I would be too! You’ve been doing this job for so long and have been satisfied, so what’s changed? I’m sorry but it’s your fault. And unfortunately, it’s going to be really hard to go back on this now.
5. If his guy friends all ignore you? That’s not good. Granted, it could mean that he’s just friends with some awful dudes, which is kind of a bad sign in and of itself – birds of a feather and all that. However, it could also mean that his bros know something you don’t, and just don’t feel comfortable around you. Perhaps he turns into an entirely different person when he’s around you and they’re not sure what to make of it or why he’s changing his entire personality to appeal to you.